Backed by state-of-the art facilities and an award-winning research group, PML Applications can provide access to microplastic detection, characterisation and quantification services for a range of industries and purposes.
Our services include:
- Consultancy, independent testing and validation for novel microplastic detection system developers.
- Detection, characterisation and quantification of microplastics from environmental samples (water, sediment, feed, gut contents, animal tissue).
- Microplastics release studies and associated environmental impact of marine antifoul coatings and hull maintenance activities.
- Plastics biodegradation in the marine environment.
- Microplastic toxicity assays (plankton and invertebrates)